Sunday, September 9, 2012

goodbye old friend... 1999-2012

As I say goodbye to an old friend, companion and extremely good villain to my silly imaginary stories (most of which came to me after I turned 18) nostalgic songs play in my head. 
It was 1999 when this oddly menacing paper mache being came to my life. With a dark brown surface and a perpetual open mouth with pointy plastic teeth and red eyes, it was an intimidating figure for it's height.               

It was a happy chappy. Always smiling whether swallowing fuel guzzlers or posing for toothless fisheye photos. Or taking the flak for my damaged hard drive during a really fucked up semester at college.

It got varnished recently by the guy who was polishing the woodwork at my house recently. I decided to give it away to a kid who I knew would love it the way I did.
Goodbye old friend. Farewell.

There will never be a Godzilla like you in my life again. 

No comments: