Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Buzzing

Ever since I started architecture college, I have been surrounded by the smell of fevicol. There are two different types of fevicol glue: SH and MR. SH: what carpenters use and MR: what they sell commercially in stationery shops. We made scale models of our designs in class, and fevicol SH was recommended for the fact that it was stronger and cheaper. There were alternatives like bulbond which were even cheaper, but I preferred fevicol.

If you have ever used fevicol extensively, you'll know how much fun it is to play with it. Spread it on your hand and peel off the layer once dried and etc... But sometimes, I've also enjoyed sniffing it. The smell was addictive. and I got a temporary buzz every time I did. I still do.

So today, I used my fevicol MR bottle to squeeze out some glue, and instinctively began sniffing while listening to some good music. Gave me a momentary buzz...


PS: I'd read somewhere that that 'feeling' is from the brain cells getting fried inside... I don't know if thats true.

1 comment:

AB said...

This is called Drug Addiction. But yeah who doesn't love the smell of Fevicol, Petrol, Gun Powder and Thinner.