Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tales from the construction site... and beyond... I

Client during the pooja
Before evert new construction starts, the owners and contractors usually perform a little Bhoomi Pooja. So on one such construction site of a project I am designing for, I clicked some photos of the client performing it. One of the rituals is cracking open a coconut on a stone or pavement. The Roofing contractor had two coconuts to crack: one for the machinery and another for the construction material. The client cracked the coconut for the machinery, and I was asked to do the same for the material stock. 
I clicked some photos of the client cracking open the coconut in one go... And the contractor clicked some of mine, while I was having a go at the other coconut.

As I showed these photos to my folks individually, all of them had the same question to ask me:

"Did you manage to break open the coconut?"

All three of them... it was crazy!




I managed to crack the coconut open with the second blow... 

1 comment:

AB said...

Congrats! :)
2nd time pe break karna is still an achievement.

'Client' it seems.