Monday, April 23, 2012

Lyrids

It's not the first time I have accidentally witnessed a meteor in the sky. And I'm sure it's not the last... Last night, just before I slept on the terrace, I saw a bright streak in the sky lasting just about a second rushing from the north eastern sky to the south western. Perfect axis.
I knew what I had seen.
I was told that that night of the 22nd of april was the peak period for the Lyrid showers, and I was lucky to have witnessed it.

And I remembered that December morning back in 2007 when I saw the most beautiful astral sigh ever - the Geminid meteor showers. About 50 meteors and 4 fireballs.
Again- accidentally.
I had stayed awake the previous night waiting for the showers, but I was destined to witness it the next morning with a new friend. It was magical.

I think I am very lucky to have witnessed such wonders of nature. Not once, not twice, but every now and then... Just when I feel low, a sight like this cheers me up, and I think... I am still rich... 

1 comment:

AB said...

Damn! I hate you.