Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time flies.

And loss becomes easier to cope up with. Lately, I have come to realise That time does heal if you let it.
That fateful St. Valentines day five years back changed my life forever. But its only after he passed away could I understand what my father really meant to me. He left me with a sound mind, a strong will and a spirit I never knew I had. He was instilling it in me gradually while I was blissfully unaware of his ways.
I was a daddy's girl. And men who have that kind of a relationship with their daughters raise them up to become Independent, strong and spirited women. I cannot say the same for Mammas and their boys, but that is another subject.
When I saw him alive for the last time, the thought that we might never see each again did cross my mind. But it was not supposed to be him, it was me. Even as I bid him farewell forever, I knew he had had no regrets ever and he lived fully the kind of life would always have liked to.
And now five years later, I can write about it without feeling bitter or despondent. Maybe just slightly nostalgic.

And after two long years of not using my watch, I got it fixed today. I instinctively wore it on my right wrist as I always had. I smiled and realised that all the pain and betrayal had gone. I was back to being what I was instead of being what I was becoming for my erstwhile flame.
Time heals.

No comments: