Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The best is yet to come.

I have a shirt I sleep in that says so.
Yes, the dreams I dream about often outdo my previous ones, but I’m not too worried about the best when I’m asleep. I’m worried about the best when I’m awake. Every time I make something interesting which according to me is fairly well executed in its intended medium, I have very worrisome thoughts: 
What if this is the last best idea I’ll ever have? 
What if I’ve exhausted my brain capacity (ha!) and my creativity? 
What if from this day onwards, I have nothing but a string of terrible, unoriginal ideas till I die? 
What if my best came and went many years ago, and I’m living in an illusion created by my mind? 

I struggle with this quite often but I also know that our brains don’t work that way. Yet I can’t help thinking that there is a limit of creative thought per person and maybe  I’ve already crossed it. The only way I deal with this is by pushing myself harder every time. It gets overly exhausting quite often and doesn’t work sometimes, but at least it assures me that I still have some ideas left in there and it helps me sleep better.


Ps: is it just me or does everyone’s mind play that background old black and white movie ending trumpet music when they write the last word of a blog post?

No comments: