Friday, July 21, 2017

Chowk.

An electrician who works with us called me today. We had sent him to get some LED profile lights for a project. He called me saying 'Usme chowk dikh raha hai'
I was stumped. I kept saying 'ah Achcha....um... dekhna padega' etc trying to make sense of what he meant. Was he at the wrong place and looking at the Chowk where the shop was located? Was he talking about a box fitting? What exactly did he mean Chowk, and why would an electrician call me up about a city Chowk?!
What he actually meant that the CHOKE of the profile light was seen.
You see, I'd never heard him talk about chokes till date. He had always written it in our bills/estimated, but I never knew what he called them. I wonder what the electrician must be thinking. 'Kya architect hai... Itna bhi samajh nahi aata...'
It took me thirty seconds to realise what he meant. thirty seconds of stalling in a phone call is an excruciatingly long time!

No comments: