Sunday, March 22, 2009

wooohoooohooooo! my long ride on the Lumala!


wooohoooohooooo!
Originally uploaded by DraconianRain
So I got the bike... I rode it from the shop in Kasba Peth to my house in Karve nagar across the river... that was 5 kms... and so much fun...
Then the next day morning, Ankur, Sourabh, Gangu, Sameer and I went on a ride towards Pirangut. These guys had planned to go towards Temghar, but it was the first time in many years for me... and I'm still getting used to a geared cycle. So I thought I'll go till Chandni Chowk (Pune's chandni Chowk) and return...
We started half an hour late, thanks to me... and off we were. I didn't have a problem till this climb, which was about a kilometer and half off chandani chowk on Paud road. I couldn't ride up CC because it was too steep for me... so i walked. Then the road was a cakewalk till a small patch of climb. Where i dragged along... Ankur was very kind and kept encouraging me to go further. The others went ahead.
So we finally reached Manas lake. It was almost 8 AM. and near about 10 kilometers from home... so I decided to ride back alone from there... reached CCD CC at 8.30, Had a coffee, chilled out and rode downhill to Bavdhan to my office (yes... its a working weekend... )
Now... another terrible climb pn the cycle till CC, then a smooth glide home. I loved my first ever longish ride on a cycle!
Approx 20 Km in a day... not bad for a first of many more longer rides to come... Wooohooohooohoo!

3 comments:

Revati Puranik said...

I miss my school days. I did the maximum cycling that time.

Nandu Chitnis said...

Wow 20 kms on the first day is some distance...awesome write up and pic.u shd be burning calories like hell....enjoy ur Ride.

Unknown said...

hey, i plan to camp out with my friends near manas lake how's the place?Please help me!!