Friday, March 27, 2009

refreshed playlist


Change is inevitable. Sure..!
I can feel the change ... And its all because of the Lumala.
My playlist has changed. My mp3 player is wearing itself off in my old jeans pocket playing more of punk, grunge, retro, popular rock. Fast, energetic songs. Afterall, 16 km of rides daily demand some music power too.
Some of my bike favourites:
Courtney Love - Sunset strip
Selected Nirvana- Tourrettes, Serve the servants
Jet- 3 fun favs - Are you gonna be my girl, Cold hard Bitch and Rollover DJ. Best bike songs!
Oye Lucky Lucky Oye- Title song - what awesome wacky lyrics! and the beat!!
Pearl Jam- MFC and Do the evolution
Smash Mouth - All star! ;) this one's a total bike song!
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 album version (strictly while cruising around), and the acoustic version
TAAQ- Hot Day! (oh yea! summer is here... and TAAQ = brilliant!)
Khadki Junction blues- Chaturshrungi wavelength (total downhill cruise mode music!)
The Kinks - A well respected man (full on retro rock n roll!)
The Offspring- Original Prankster! Its a total wicked biking song! Punk!! builds up the tempo
Wild miss Zippy - 'Cage of gold' and 'Hard year's end' absolute funky songs!
WOLFMOTHER- Dimension, Joker and the thief... (ride fast and scream types!)

And so on... I might load some fast fatboy slim songs on it to...

I can't really forget the blues... so here are some selected blues-

Soulmate- I am, Blues is my soulmate
Warren Mendonsa - The cat and the fiddle! total charge up!
Chris Duarte- Letter to my girlfriend
Howlin' wolf - Built for comfort! (just like my bike seat! Soooooo comfy!), Howlin' for my darlin'(!)
Joe Bonamassa- your funeral and my trial! (Love this guy!), Bad Girls (sooo love this song!), Dixie peach (very much like one song from KK's Pal... or is it the other way around?!?)
The Eric Jerardi Band- Always something... one hell of a song, this one...

Now I'm gonna add some more to the list soon. Funky tracks... fast paced... songs full of attitude for biking (cycling) ... two years back when i got my funky sony 'vial' mp3 player... i thought 1 gig was enough memory... how wrong i was! :(

So... I'm doing 16 kms everyday. To work and back... Karve nagar to Bavdhan... with the chandni chowk climb... I can feel my stamina improve considerably... So i say thank you for the MUSIC... for giving it to me!!

No comments: