Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The tekdi is turning Pink!

I wanted to do something today. It's after the first day of 2008, and at least something should go right! The whole day was spent lazing around the house, and thats when I decided to go to the tekdi. Last week, was mostly going there in the mornings. This was a perfect day for an evening sunset hike up the little law college hill! So all I had to do was check the sunset timing for the day!
A little knot in my back has been nagging me the last few days. I don't know what caused it. But it's really troublesome. I can actually feel the little knot while rubbing on medicine. So I tried some yog-asans. I was feeling overly light and shaky, so just drank some water, but started off towards Kanchan galli! My mom looked at me and thought I looked sick and shouldn't go, but I am inherently a sick little bitch, and so, I persisted.
Kanchan Galli by rik!
And the ascend started... It was a beautiful feeling climbing up the ever familiar path for the nth time. Saw trees flowering Pink and Yellow! That was a pretty sight. Up the hill I went, always keeping time. Needed to see the first sunrise from the Quarry, which is the best spot in Pune city as of now! Met two friends pretty unexpectedly, which was a pleasant surprise! So here I was at the quarry, with a few other people, but all on my own. I was expecting two friends to share the sunset with, but in the end there was no one around.
So I went and sat on a rock, and was experiencing the lovely sunset, and clicking pictures while I was at it. then a while later, I was just mesmerised... staring at the beautiful vista around me. Even after having seen it in all seasons, and all times, the tekdi never ceases to surprise me. The breeze, now cool and steady was blowing gently. That sound and feel was many a times better than the sound and feel of my mp3 walkman.
the sun slowly disappeared behind the other hill, and I kept staring...
the sky turned yellow, to orange, to red to dark blue, and I kept staring...
the lights at the other end of the city began to compete with the light of the sky... and I kept staring...
I kept staring... nothing in my head. Absolute bliss! I was meditating... I don't even remember all that... And then I woke up from my trance to the loud chatter of two guys trying to find their way towards ARAI.
I looked at my watch, and it was 6.30... the time I had to reach Pooja's place. But that was the last thing on my mind that time.
I just hoped and wished I would reach the exit point before dark, so I don't have to climb down all alone in total darkness without torch, or company ... But thats exactly what I had to do...
I rushed towards the Maruti Mandir, reached there by which time it was already dark. There was one little light there, and one at the base of the hill at Kanchan Galli. there were a few people sitting there, who seemed in no hurry to get down... or maybe, they had their vehicles at ARAI... So I started descending... all the time hoping no to fall and twist my ankle, as I have done on numerous occasions before, because it was already dark... and I was alone, and who would actually be able to help if I fell and hurt myself!
Well, I'm just trying to gain sympathy for myself here... I wasn't so scared or anything. And it wasn't as herculean a task as I described it to be. Agreed that it was difficult, but i know the way, and my eyes had gotten used to the dark. So about ten minutes later, I find myself at the end of Kanchan Galli, trying unsuccessful, to catch a rik to reach Pooja's place on time!
But that wasn't to be... Pune's Rikshaw wallas have a problem with everyone who wishes to go to Karve nagar, Kothrud or a distance less than 10 mins away- after 6 PM. So I had no option but to walk. but I was by that time really feeling less like a sick bitch and more like 'really sick'... probably dehydrated too... I wasn't well. And I should listen to my mother more often.
So I took a pit stop to refuel myself with water, and here I was... to Pooja's. Reached there, but the Discussion going on was a little disappointing. Everyone, it seems wants to get themselves heard... at the expense of the other person's opinion and patience. But what could I have done about it, sometimes, even I'm guilty as charged above! I couldn't concentrate, didn't say much, and left earlier than usual. Walked back home, had dinner, and uploaded photos. and that was that...
The tekdi evening was 'something' and a good start to the year...

No comments: