Monday, January 21, 2008

Colour, texture and bokeh



Originally uploaded by DraconianRain
This is shot through my Macro lens attachment. Thats the bokeh of the sun in the background. This has been an interesting experiment to do, since I get an amazing texture to the image. Almost as if it has been painted. The varying strength of appearance of the little dried flowers, the imperfect sun bokeh, the colour... It's just magic.
Since the lens whole macro attachment has 3 lenses, there is this reflective quality, which exposes the picture in layers. It's much more apparent in another pic I took. But I still don't understand the reason for the texture in the background. It just appears magically on my photos shot through my macro attachment against the sun.
The orange background was just pumped up a bit (thanks to photoshop)
I'm learning to use my home made lens attachment a little more liberally ...
Imagine how something so cheap and useless can give an effect like that...

No comments: