Thursday, May 3, 2007

I wrote this one for Harshad while we were in Auroville:

For Harshad (Haytad!!)


The games we play and the games you let me play,

Are at times irksome to you,

But exhilarating and playful to me,

I am a simple, naïve and hollow being,

And the kindly, but astute soul, are thee.


You know, but pretend ignorant,

Letting me feel vanity for the moment,

Even now you know,

But since so kind you are,

Quietly for the good, you let it go.


I am harmless, you think,

A cat without claws, how right you are,

But never show what’s in your mind,

You let my juvenile achievements pass,

That’s how you are, compassionate and kind.


I trouble you with my childlike mediocrities,

And feel superior,

To you, in some ways,

But you let me be stupid and happy,

Living blissfully, in a hazy daze...


It’s a lost cause to admit that I lose,

To you, a superior life than me,

You know that, but cannot comprehend,

How you abide my ways,

And live with all sanity I lost, but still defend.


This is another amateur prank,

I hope you will forget it,

And remember me as funny and poor,

Stupid and naive, but someone who wanted to learn from you,

And to be wise and sound and sure.


Keep forgiving me for being what I am,

The games I play and all that you do not like,

For everything I said that did injure,

Today, I have the strength and the courage to regret,

And to say this, all my lost courage I conjure…

1 comment:

Yash said...

even this is an amazing poem. brilliant! by the way, when did u go pro? I mean when did u purchase flickr pro account?