Tuesday, January 8, 2008

stop motion doesn't stop here...


Once fine autumn afternoon near about twelve years ago, for the first time, I heard about stop motion animation. Finally, I knew the secret of all the clay figures and the MTv wacky commercials... And I learned how to do it on my own... But I lacked a camera. And 12 years back, owning a camera was not easy... I would have had to make my dad sell off his second hand car for one... But I had ideas that remained.
And being the great Daydreamer that I am, I kept accumulating my dreams, to spend later, when I own a camera of my own.
But I seems to have, somewhere in between... forgotten about that.
Now, 12 years later, when Harshad put up the technique of time lapse photography, it opened the locked memories in my mind, whose keys, I had long since buried in my mind's department of un-feasible ideas. So I had a good cam, tripod and time.... and typical Indian improvisational qualities (that exist by default) .
And viola! I have a little STOP MOTION video of my OWN!
Shot through my canon 400D, and edited in windows Movie maker... I am not a pro, hence...
Also used a very nice piece of music from a fav band of mine: Pearl Jam - An Untitled song denoted by a red dot on my fav album: Yield.
So, I have decided to take out, one by one, keys from my mind's department of un-feasible ideas and open all locks to all doors to all ideas I ever had.
All this includes some failed experiments too .. :P

3 comments:

Harsh said...

Hay,

Co-incidence, me also working on StopMotion :)... will upload the result soon . . . .

Meghana said...

WOW! Thats some coincidence!
Waiting for what you did...

Partyallnight said...

grt going... looking forward to all the ideas u had accumulated for 12 yrs :-)