Sunday, January 13, 2008

The SKY is like the OCEAN... only, DEEPER...

Was chatting with a friend today, when he told me that as a kid, he looked at the sky and felt it was like an ocean... So, I took a picture and rotated it. And it hit home. That was what the picture was waiting for!
I wish the sky was really a big ocean and I could swim in that, the way I swim in the sea... that would be called flying... Many a times I dream that I'm actually swimming in air! Not floating or gliding ...just swimming... I dream of dinosaurs with fiery dark eyes... Of cold dim places with slopes to roll down upon. I dream of a touch which seems so real, even while my conscience knows me to be dreaming. I dream of the eyes gaze that I always wait for.
As a little girl, I dreamt of trying to be able to run, but my legs felt heavy... made it impossible for me to move. Now, my legs don't feel heavy anymore. I might not run like lightning, but I can run... keeping pace with the others. I dream colours, very distinct sometimes, but only few... Selectively desaturated Dreams, maybe.
I dream of long journeys with long lost friends, those who are still the way I last saw them many years ago, even though, I've grown. I dream of little streets with houses on both sides and hardly any activity. I dream of the earth, the rain, a hut, the love I lost, a seething fire. 3 people by the fire... A happy family. I dream of the desert, Alpines, the moon behind the Deodars... I dream of four friends at the beach at night ... the sand still warm from the day, the sound of the waves crashing at the shore, the sand in my hair ...
I dream of swimming in the deep ocean, and coming face to face with death there... and then there is just darkness...
Are my dreams profound?
Profound... and much more than the ocean...

No comments: