Saturday, April 28, 2018

So long Instagram and thanks for all the fish.

I resisted opening an account on Instagram when everyone was doing it. I finally joined Instagram towards end of 2013 and I’ve been hooked ever since... That is till two months ago and I shouldn’t have said ever since.
The sole reason: Instagram has been showing me too much sponsored content. I hate ads whether they appeal to me or not. Every fifth post and second story is an ad and there is no option to pay for a subscription to avoid them. So I have decided to delete the app for the moment but my account still remains. If Instagram does decide to change its terms and shows me no ads or at least gives me an option to opt out of ads, I might come back to Instagram again. Who knows.
Till then I’ll continue posting on Flickr. (I ❤️ Flickr) 

No comments: