Monday, April 4, 2016

Time on my hands


A long time ago, I stopped wearing a wrist watch because of a boy. Then realising I need not change for anyone, I started wearing one again. That was my father's old timex I wore ever since he passed away in 2006. A year after that, the strap broke and I stopped wearing any watch because I was in a phase where I refused to accessorise. Didn't help that the fellow I was dating then constantly pushed me into buying an expensive watch to impress clients(?!)
Then a few years after that, I dated a guy much younger than me and he showed me a fake (?!) Victorinox swiss army watch he bought from Indonesia. I loved the design and he said I should keep it. So I did and started wearing it regularly and realised just how much I missed wearing a watch. 
That relationship didn't last too long (obviously). But I continued to wear that watch because I loved it's simple and clean design. I realised that it was the kind of wrist watch I really wanted. Not a digital sports watch or a feminine designer one. Or a colourful casual one. I wanted a simple unisex analog watch that was waterproof with clean lines and a simple form which can go well for any occasion.
So I ordered a black dial Victorinox Swiss Army watch with a metal body and a black leather strap. I love it!

No comments: