Monday, May 7, 2012

What started in 1988...

Resulted in a little prize in 2012.
When I was all of four years old - I was given my first ever tintin comic - The land of black gold. That was 1988 at a book fair in Vishakhapatnam.
And this is today.
A few nights back, my friend sent me a link to a Tintin quiz on Facebook. Since I am a tintin fan, I managed to become the seventh person to answer all the questions correctly. The first five won Tintin movie DVDs while the next five - which included me- won gift vouchers from crossword.
I went to my nearest crossword bookshop today and redeemed my gift voucher worth a hundred Rupees.
It's the first time I've won anything online!

4 comments:

AB said...

Nothing?

Blistering Barnacles said...

Just curious - as a Tintin fan, I'd like to see what the quiz is like. (Hehe, did you think my userpic was random?) So... could you post the questions here -- without the answers? :)

Sorry if this seems too much like stalking, but I found a link to this blog on your biking blog. I must say you're pretty prolific!

Meghana said...

They posted images of characters and we had to guess their names and one tintin volume they were featured in. Most people got confused between Thomson and Thompson

Blistering Barnacles said...

Haha. Thomson's moustache curls up at the tips. Thompson's doesn't. :)