Sunday, April 1, 2007

STAY... And help me to END the day

The Moon was yellow as it rose out from the horizon today. through the hazy city sky, it glowed warmly. But went cold as it rose further, with all the compassion dying out and and the cool moon rays lighting up the night.
She stood there in the evening of her life, asking for the moon to stay warm and compassionate, and to celebrate her life and whatever was left.
She was curious. gazing at the moon to reveal its mysteries, as the sky turned to black. And hence I remember:
STAY... And help me to END the day
Stay and help me to end the day.
And of you don't mind,
We'll break a bottle of wine.

Stick around and maybe we'll put one down,
'cause I wanna find what lies behind those eyes.

Midnight blue burning gold.
A yellow moon is growing cold.

I rise, looking through my morning eyes,
Surprised to find you by my side.
Rack my brain to try to remember your name
To find the words to tell you goodbye.

Morning dues.
Newborn day.
Midnight blue turn to gray.
Midnight blue burning gold.
A yellow moon is growing cold.
------------------------------ Pink Floyd (Obscured By Clouds)

2 comments:

dreamality said...

ha, not many people know this song. but it is definitely my top three choices by pink floyd. obscured by clouds, such an interesting and versatile album.

Meghana said...

Yes! definitely a great song!