Saturday, August 28, 2010

my experiments with intuitive and improvised cooking - IIIThe baking of the Chocolate brownies!


Yesterday, as Avani and I were discussing about overpriced dramatic deserts in restaurants, we came to the subject of sizzling brownies with ice cream. And I suddenly though of making some. I have always enjoyed baking cakes, but I'd never tried baking a brownie cake before.
Brownies always remind me of the last vacation I took with my parents, all of us together. back in 2005 in Pathankot. The three of us visited Dalhousie and Khajjiar and ate amazing chocolate brownies. We had a great time there.
So brownies are equivalent to good memories. And baking is the ultimate therapy!
My cousin Avani is here for her vacations, and she loves baking too. So we decided to bake a chocolate brownie cake in the evening. Fortunately, my mother and grandmother had gone out, giving us a free hand to bake the cake the way we wanted to without any special instructions.
All the ingredients needed were all at home. That made life so much easier.

So Let me share what we did:

Ingredients:
Cocoa 1/2 cup
Melted butter 2/3 cup
hot water 1/2 cup
eggs 2
sugar 1 1/2 cups (I know... )
baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
flour 1 1/4 cups
walnuts 1/3 cup
grated chocolate 1/2 cup (maybe less :P)
salt a pinch

So here's what we did with this stuff:

We first mixed the dry cocoa and baking soda, then melted the butter and poured half of it and mixed it.
Then we added the hot water and mixed it.
Then we added the beaten eggs and sugar and mixed it.
"mmmm..." that tasted awesome...
Then we added the butter and mixed it...
even more "mmmmmm... "
Then we added the flour and mixed it
and the nuts and the chocolate... and we stirred and it was an awesome looking and delicious tasting batter...
Then we took a baking dish (we found only a heart shaped one... ), greased it, and poured the batter in it and balked it till it was done totally. Then we cut it up into pieces! we had our brownies ready! delicious!

And then we phoned the ice cream shop near my place and ordered vanilla ice cream and had chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream!
That was the ice-cream on the cake! What a Friday evening! :D


No comments: