Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Samba Pa Ti

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA


Its probably the greatest ever slow Santana rock ballad.... Its got a very lovely lazy beat, and the guitar solo and the delay and all is just too magical!
Takes me to another level altogether. I listened to it so much in Auroville... it takes me back there. especially after dark. The first few days when I was finding myself there, without finding the ones I knew before. It was some experience when I visited Philipp and Dhilshath's house for the first time, just on my second day there... Thank god for friends... I could never have found my way through those dark wooded roads...
I remember the first rain there... the lovely smell of the damp read earth... and I wondered what would happen in Monsoons... I loved the rain, till I got stuck in the middle of nowhere when the heavens really poured their rage out...
The lazy afternoons waiting for teatime, the little bench we sat on chatting, the nights in the little vault, the late card sessions on the kitchen vault terrace...
The lovely midnight rides the woods of Auroville in complete darkness...
I remember the eclipse I saw from the Aspiration bench close to 2 AM... the time I spent with my guitar in my little hut, the mindless nights at the beach, hearing the waves roar and splash on the shores, getting drenched in them, not worrying about the sand and salt in my hair, skin and clothes... not worrying about falling sick... not worrying about anyone else... the deep sea swimming, in clear but profound waters
and then mindlessly falling in love... The scorpion stung, with a gleam in his eye, and left such a sublime longing as the song leaves...

No comments: