Thursday, July 12, 2007

I HAVE STAR TRAILS!


I HAVE STAR TRAILS!
Originally uploaded by DraconianRain
It was due for a long time... finally i did it!

The first Star trail shot I tried!
75 mins exposure on 26th May 0200Hrs!
AWESOME for a first timer like me...
Thanks Shutterbug Pooja for letting me experiment with her Nikon FM2! You are the best!
This going to get better for sure... !
MEGHANA'S RECIPE FOR STAR TRAIL SUCCESS AS FOLLOWS:

Ingredients:
1 Manual Film SLR
1 ISO 100 film
1 Tripod (don't worry if you don't have one. Like me, you can improvise)
1 MP3 player
1 Alarm clock ( a mobile will do)

Prepration:
Load and set up the camera on the tripod, (lens facing skywards, and a few hours after moonset or before moonrise is good!)
f /11 Exposure time: anywhere between 5 minutes to 5 hours. (If 5 hours, then you need to be really away from civilization...)
Set up your alarm, put on your headphones and ENJOY!

NOTE: No matter how well you plan, how well you set up your camera, LUCK is something beyond our control! (an airplane crossed sometime during exposure in this shot... )

No comments: