Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Busy as a B...


If someone were to tell a twelve year old me that I would be this busy as at this age, she have laughed at them. It wouldn't be much different if you asked the eighteen year old me... Or even the twenty three year old me. Heck, the 27 year old me would have laughed the hardest.
I've always wanted to be my own boss so that I could do what I wanted to do whenever I wanted to do it. Because I like doing many different things.
But now that I am my own boss and I get to do everything that I want to, the twelve, eighteen, twenty three and twenty seven year old me couldn't have been more wrong.
I am not a hard working person. I take my time with things and don't always take the extra effort. One may even call me lazy and I couldn't care less. But I do take what I really like doing quite seriously... Without taking myself too seriously. And as I mentioned earlier, I like doing many things. Sometimes all at once. And I love every minute of it.

But this month has been like nothing I've experience before. And it's just not ending! Between work, teaching, site visits in the city and outside, workshops and extra sessions and many such activities, I've been having really long days doing too many things! One might even say I'm working hard, but I still believe I'm not. I've been on the edge most of the time and loving every minute of this too, but I wish I had some of the blank spaces to recharge my mind to avoid burning out or even lashing out on unsuspecting friends and family. I've had to pass up a few interesting opportunities and may need to give up a few more temporarily. It's not going to be easy. 
This post is a long overdue acknowledgement of this fact.

No comments: