Friday, August 8, 2014

Reactions

Every year in college, the students participate in a week long design studio where they are divided into mixed groups from each year. This year, they were given a very unique design exercise. To REACT

Today we have become quite used to the scenario around us. The good, the bad and the mundane... we take it in our stride. We accept everything without blinking an eyelid.

A reaction to an urban space is what is expected. Which got me thinking: How many times do I give a reaction to things around me? How many times do I come across as a skeptic, a philistine, or an asshole if I do react? How many times have I told people that I have stopped reaction to traffic in Pune or the poverty I see around everywhere. Every time I see a homeless and helpless old man or woman I want to cry. Instead I just shake my head, accept it and move on.
But why must I move on? Why must I not react? Even though my reaction might not amount to anything why must I not make an attempt? 

After all this, I might still not react and live as blissfully inert as always. 
  

No comments: